Saturday, February 25, 2012

Review: Pop Up Co. - 6 in 1 Combination Tunnel and Tent Set

 Disclaimer - This review is my own personal opinion and I have not been paid or compensated for it.


The Details
Product: 6 in 1 Combination Tunnel and Tent Set
Manufacturer: The Pop Up Co
Manufacturer Number: 4687
Price: $89.99 Canadian
Where to Buy: Toys R Us

Product Description:
  • 3 pop up Tunnels
  • 2 Pop up Tents
  • 1 Triangular open pop up tent
  • 1 Circular Smiley Face Removable door
  • 1 handy storage bag
  • Manufacturer Recommended Age - 3+

The Shop Around Mom's Opinion
The Pop Up Co.'s 6 in 1 Combination Tunnel and Tent Set is a great buy. It's a little more pricey than other pop up tent sets but, you are getting a lot more product. The tents are very easy to assemble but, the hard part can be trying to fold the tents back up. Once you've mastered the art of the fold up you should be able to dismantle the entire set in less than 5 minutes. All of the tunnels fold down to approximately 1" in depth  but remain the same size in circumference and are secured with ties. The entire set fits into one compact storage bag and can be stored in a cupboard or even a larger sized drawer. 


Once the entire set is assembled it does take up a lot of space so I keep our tents assembled in a much more space saving way (pictured directly above). I also found that each tunnel must be tied (with the attached ties) to the attached tent or else they move around a lot. Pop up tent #1 (pictured on the far left) has 3 openings/doors for tunnels to be attached to and pop up tent #2 (pictured on the far right) has 2 openings/doors. Both roofs of the tents are completely mesh. Tent #2 also has 2 mesh windows for kids to look through. The entire set is great for indoor or outdoor play. 


The middle triangular tent structure isn't very stable. The few times I've set up the tent structure with this piece I've found that it moves around a lot and even with the adjoining tunnels secured (with the ties) it tends to fall down. As I already mentioned, when it's set up with this piece it takes up a lot of space and unless you have a huge basement (or are outside) it's just easier to skip it altogether. 

The manufacturer recommended age is 3+. I personally think it's fine for ages 1 and up as long as long as there is adult supervision. My 9 month old loves crawling through and playing in the tunnels but, is only allowed to do so when there aren't bigger kids around. 

Conclusion
As I mentioned above, the only thing I'm not thrilled with is the small triangular open top tent structure but, besides that it's a great set. I think it's worth the money and I would buy this set again because the kids love it and it keeps them occupied for long periods of time. It's definitely worth the investment! :)


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hі therе! I understand this is sort of οff-topic hoωever I needeԁ to ask.
Dοes operаting a well-established website suсh аs yοurs taκe a
large аmount of wοrκ? I am completelу new tο operating
a blog but I ԁo ωrite іn my diarу on a daily baѕis.
I'd like to start a blog so I will be able to share my personal experience and feelings online. Please let me know if you have any kind of suggestions or tips for new aspiring bloggers. Thankyou!

My blog post; Chemietoilette